Penn 525 MAG3
Penn 525 MAG3
- Latest version of the classic all round beach casting reel
- Upgraded graphite Frame
- Aluminium reinforced graphite side plates
- Indexed adjustable magnetic casting control
- Smooth tangle free casting
- Uprated Stainless steel main and pinion gears
- 6.1:1 retrieve
- 6 stainless steel shielded bearings
- Instant anti-reverse roller bearing
- Forged Aluminium spool
- Inboard bearings allow the spool to sit on a floating shaft
- Line level markings
- HT100 Powered Drag System
- Maximum Drag 6.8kg
- Capacity 255m x 0.38mm
- Maximum recovery 29'' per turn
- Weight 414gms
The 525 model has been around for a long, long time and is regarded by many as the best type of shore multiplier available.
Its a serious 'all rounder' suitable for refined beach estuary fishing all the way to heavy rock fishing.
Now the brand new mk3 Penn mag is here and looks great with its new grey and red colour scheme.
- The reel still features the same quick 6:1 retreive.
- Upgraded graphite frame and Aluminium reinforced graphite side plates to improve stability during casting.
- It has had an upgraded main stainless pinion gear to improve durability.
- Forged and machined aluminium spool sits on a `live` spindle which allows it to `free float` for reduced drag and increased performance.
- The spool is controlled by the patented adjustable magnetic brake which is adjusted by a dial on the left hand sideplate.
- The drag has been upgraded to a the full HT-100 drag system offering improved strength
- Shielded stainless steel ball bearings and anti reverse help ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Capacity - 300ds of 15lb